|Deco Playing Cards||Sultana Playing Cards||Package Design, Packaging Production Art, Physical Comps, Game Art, Market Research, Fundraising|
“Sultana” Playing Cards is inspired by an early, ostentatious deck of Moorish cards of Mamluk design found in a museum in Istanbul. Playing cards came into the Western world via the Strait of Gibraltar in Spain, where Western Europe meets North Africa.
- Printed by the USPCC on Bicycle® stock with a linen finish.
- Fully custom court cards, pips, back, and tuck case.
- Includes a card explaining how to play “Kout,” a bidding game.
- Info card with an explanation of the modified suits, and a backer thank-you.
The face cards in Sultana feature both an architectural frame and floral motif:
- Spades: Cumin Flower motif, and the sultan holds a sword.
- Hearts: Lotus motif, and the sultana holds a cup.
- Diamonds: Egyptian Blue Water Lily motif, and the sultan holds coins.
- Clubs: Poppy motif, and the sultan holds a polo stick.